Me? Change? Not Now! Not Ever! -- How to Dissolve Hard-Core
Resistance to Change in the Workplace
By Jerald W. Young, Ph.D.
This book answers the two universal questions asked
by all leaders in all organizations in
- Why aren't my employees gung-ho about needed change
- What can I do to get their commitment to support
Leaders are Held Hostage:
Leaders' hopes for organizational improvement are being held
hostage by Resistance to Change.
Written in a conversational, information-packed style, peppered
with real life examples, this book shows how to transform
resistance into commitment and support.
Who Will Benefit?
Me? Change? Not Now. Not Ever!
presents new facts all executives, managers, and consultants
need to know about leading change.
- EXECUTIVES will find change cheaper, faster, & more
likely to stick.
- MANAGERS will discover change to be more clear, less threatening,
and easier to be successful.
- EMPLOYEES will enjoy a less traumatic, more positive,
and more respectful environment for change.
- CONSULTANTS will finally have their advice honored and
executed as planned
This is the first book to do the following:
- Capture common sense wisdom gained from our lifelong
personal experience with change, and then show how to leverage
that knowledge into success as a leader of change in the
- Explain Emotion-Based Resistance to change, including:
(a) what causes it, (b) how it distorts reality and sabotages
logical problem solving, (c) how it differs from Logic-Based
Resistance, and (d) how to dissolve it.
- Prescribe radically different strategies to reduce
or eliminate Emotion-Based Resistance and Logic-Based Resistance.
- Present a 7-stage process for dissolving resistance
to change that actually works.
- Specify new role requirements specifically for
the change leader.
- Develop a 22-topic, step-by-step discussion guide
to help others dissolve their resistance to change.
- Detail how the success of company-wide projects
is threatened by resistance at each step, and how to identify
and dissolve it.